These previous two post showcase the design solutions I have
come too, based on my clients brief. Initially I looked towards his study of
the human mind and attempted to map its complex shape. Using different shape
modifiers in 3Ds Max the red, organic, net was formed. I then began to fill its
form with various shapes creating different intersections and angles, and
eventually framing the ‘12 units’. From here the design was refined into
definite floor plans to meet the client’s requirements, such as keeping his
work and family life separate.
The next digital
model and two analogue models were based on the mind becoming the structural element
or base to the building. Different units would then be cut out from this base
for practical uses or to create sensory experiences for the users. This
resulted in a central bunker like form, which was in parts submerged bellow
ground, with light weight attachments for living spaces and hidden, embedded
rooms which would be seemingly carved out of the bunker.
This idea then evolved to split bunker system emulating the
different sides of the brain.
No comments:
Post a Comment